Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall, this chef's favorite time of year


I am very glad fall is here, I love everything about the summer, including the heat, but I really enjoy fall. I love the crisp air, the leaves starting to change, the fair, Halloween, football and especially the foods of fall. I just spent the weekend at the beach catching up with some old chef friends and hanging out with my wife and daughter. First couple of days it was as hot as could be then on Saturday a cold front moved in and the temperature dropped 20 degrees. I knew it was now fall, and that gave me a lot of inspiration for the new fall menu. I'm still working on the new menu and we plan on starting it this weekend.  I just love fall ingredients and flavors, squahes, pumpkins, apples, pears, sausages, game birds and braised meats. It's very enjoyable  creating fall menus. We will be adding some new items such as duck, ribeye, lobster and much more to the menu. We're even changing the dessert menu with a couple of new desserts. I'm not going to tell you what they are, you'll have to come in and try them. But I will give you a couple of hints: Elvis and candied apples!  I also want to remind everyone that we are serving lunch every Monday through Friday from 11:30-2:00. Our menu has a lot of great all American lunch items such as Coney Island style hot dogs, New England Lobster Roll, Shrimp & Grits and  fried oyster po-boys to name a few. We even have live music every Friday lunch.  I hope you will come by the restaurant and see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment